Tuesday, June 5, 2007

2nd Flush, 2007 - Darjeeling Rohini Green Tea

Well I’m not a Green tea lover, but this year Rohini Estate Green Tea took me by surprise, Mr. G.D. Saria (Director) of the Sona tea limited which owns Gopaldhara, Avongrove and Rohini tea estate in Darjeeling had asked me to try some of their 2nd Flush Green teas, initially I hesitated when I heard “Green tea”, but when we tried this amazing Rohini Emerald Green tea I couldn’t resist from having this tea on my list as unlike common Darjeeling Green tea this tea did not have that chlorophloric assault on the palate as the tea was not grassy at all and was rather floral and mellow in the cup and also in the dry leaf state this tea had the bright greenish appearance and above all when we steeped the tea for 3 minutes and stained the tea into the cup, the colour of the infused tea was totally greenish for which the tea has been named as ” Emerald”, many customers of ours had been requesting us for good Darjeeling Green teas and I was not being able to fulfill their request for at least last two season but this time I think many of them will be very happy to have this tea and above all the this is a price friendly tea too !

No comments: